CartoDB is a platform for turning location data into business outcomes. This platform helps to visualize and analyse location based data on map.
Using this platform it’s quick and easy to demonstrate the main advantage of map based analysis.
POS terminal data collection and CartoDB
In Open POS terminal collecting project, we collect and classify the locations of POS terminals where we use our credit cards. Using CartoDB we can easily follow the progression of data collection.
The CartoDB platform provides 10 different data visualization method to analyse location based data:
- “Simple” – simple mapping the locations by GPS coordinates.
- “Choropleth” – mapping the locations based on numeric data field using colored scale.
- “Bubble” – mapping the locations based on numeric data field using different size bubbles.
- “Category” – mapping the locations based on the values of an descriptive data field using different colored points.
- “Cluster” – mapping the locations based on grouped count of locations using different size – scale ratio dependent – bubbles (let’s see map above).
- “Heatmap” – mapping the locations based on grouped count of locations using cold-hot color scheme.
- “Intensity” and “Density” – mapping the locations based on the density and numeric field data.
- “Torque” and “Tourque cat” – time lined data visualization based on date type data of locations.
Map based data analysis in decision making
Map based data analysis can be useful in different field of decision making:
- catchment area analysis
- network optimization
- competition analysis, etc.
For more information contact us »