The different statistical data used for socio-economic analyses are typically available to the regional analysts on settlement level; this is the lowest administrative unit for which the various institutions (e.g.: HCSO, SES) publish their collected statistical data like demography, net income, purchasing power in Hungary.
Spatial analysis below settlement level in Hungary
The deeper level of investigation, however, is often essential for the exploration of the sociological configuration of larger cities, particularly in the city or within the districts of Budapest. GeoIndeX 100×100 database available 246 settlements in Hungary.
Street level purchasing power map of hungarian cities
Thematic maps created by using street level purchasing power database of GeoX Ltd. Choose a unit from list “Tematikus térképek“.
Territorial units of street level dataset of Hungarian cities
We offer street level data on two types of territorial units:
- Base unit of street level dataset are 100 * 100 m squares covering the country’s populated places. The address-level population data in the address register were geocoded and then aggregated in the squares. Squares were only generated for addresses with resident population. The demographic and economic analysis was carried out on all units with residential population.
- Grid data can be aggregated into street blocks created by enclosing street network (derived from DSM-10 digital street map of Hungary).
Topics of street level dataset
Demography dataset is available for all hungarian settlement (3155), main topics are, the total population, the age groups and the dependency ratio and ageing index.
Topics of the households and territorial data are the number of addresses, number of inhabited flats (households), average number of flats, average number of storeys, and the type of residential area. The dataset is available for more than 240 hungarian cities (Year 2018).
Purchasing power main topic is the annual net income per capita. The dataset is available for more than 240 hungarian cities (Cities, with more than 20 000 inhabitants, the settlements of Budapest agglomerations, and small region centers).
Purchasing power clusters are available for all these settlements.
Street level datasources
- Demography data from KEKKH (Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services)
- Income data calculated from settlement level purchasing power database.
- Daytime population indicators are own calculated data.
Sample maps using 100x100 database